This morning I am thinking more about "Developing Sustainable Business in 21st Century World" and the importance of engaging the world in a series of Critical Conversations & Virtual Focus groups about this as a public service, when I receive an e-mail from NPR and their news article about Standard & Poor, a big rating agency, and their advice to the United States goverment to "fix the deficit or else" See the article.
As challenging as all this is, what's got me excited is the opportunity of even addressing this issue by having people and organizations Walk Through the Virtual Door... for phenomenal deficit-reducing advantage. I even have the quality-assurable "Steps" for how to go about it:
- Step One: Virtualize physical world meetings... for phenomenal deficit-reducing advantage. The "virtual transportation-to-virtual architecture" just by logging on... costs nothing and has zero carbon footprint, and more local, regional, national, and international stakeholders can all meet in the "room" for the first time in the history of world consciousness ... to move the business of doing business more sustainably forward.
With more stakeholders at the table, and working as a world community full of innovative ideas, let's work it out. Folks can instantly "get there" and "get back" just by logging on off. The green communications and learning platform that we use, even has a special "green meter" that automatically calculates:1) the miles not traveled, 2) the fossil fuel that we don't have to pay such unfathomable cost for and unnecessarily die in socially, economically, and environmentally disastrous wars for, and even the 3) pounds of CO2 not emitted...everytime we e-meet.
- Step Two: Leverage the Power of the New Television... If government and the corporations that control the government and the war machine are not that innovative enough to reduce the deficit, then let's use crowdsourcing and the power of web television to...weigh in...and do this. I am already seeing innovative solutions coming from multiple community-based stakeholders. See what Bill Strickland of the Manchester Craftsman Guild has been doing in Pittsburgh communicating powerfully with his fundraising and consciousness-raising slideshow on Ted. Also see what Ted founder Chris Anderson says about the the power of web video for fueling innovation and how he ends up, focusing on the important work that a bright Kibura teenager is doing fueling innovation using his Flip video camera to have Kibera become "a hotbed of innovation". Now he is into doing TED X events where community-based stakeholders are the content contributors. Also see the important sustainability social venturing work that folks right here at GoodGRuB.org in Olympia are doing with their wonderful Garden-Raising Bounty initiatives, working with youth and the community at large. How cool is that!.. Here's nice video about their excellent program on their AboutUs page.
- Step Three: Engage the World in a Series of Critical Conversations & Virtual Focus groups: That's what we've been moving forward with...as a community service... and wow... what results we are already getting...starting with building excellent collaborative social venturing partnerships deliver folks at the very epicenter of sustainability....which also by the way... reduces the deficit and helps the entire United States become sustainable... informing and shaping public and private policy that is social equitable, economically viable, and environmentally bearable. See the outcome of our most recent critical conversation and virtual focus group via my recent blog.
- Step Four: Develop a World-class Hybrid world Consulting and E-Learning Practice - For the last two years, we've been developing a special "green" communications and learning platform to deliver the consulting and the learning, locally, regional, nationally, and internationally using the world's very best local, regional, national, and international subject matter experts...include marvelous community-based activists wherever they can be found... We can include all in the learning and facilitate broad-based systemic change...as well as new leadership development. We now even have people that can teach folks on how to make money on Facebook. Imagine the power of that for economic recovery and deficit reduction. It's going to be small business coming together and doing innovative social venturing that saves the world... Mark my words.
- Step Five: Engage the World in a series of World Class Multi-day Virtual Conferences & Tradeshows focusing on "Developing Sustainable Business in a 21st Century World" that leverages successes of taking Steps One through Steps Four...culminating the year. These marvelous events communicate the world's very best practices for reducing the deficit and for doing business more sustainably across multiple marketplaces - e.g. government, education, small business, nonprofits, and the largest enterprises and even the largest nation-states. What was missing at last international conference where not much happened was the voice...and the power of people.
I personal invite you to join "The Conversation" about "developing sustainable business in a 21st century world". Call me and let's connect if you are interested - Contact Us page. By working together... in an intelligent innovative way...everything is possible... even reducing the national deficit... one courageous act at a time...and witnessing how all the positive energy resonates... across this entire planet. I welcome any all comments. Please post them right on this blog.or you can use our Online Inquiries Form on our