This week, I'm ecstatic after doing some experimenting, producing content using my new 4G smart phone and shooting HD video with it. The implications are far-reaching... if you have the right mindset and approach. Having a television background in systems, programming, and distance learning has helped me become aware of just some of the fantastic community-authored television possibilities in a hyperlocalized world:
- The smallest micro-business owner who can afford to buy and use a smart phone, with the right help, can afford to produce high-quality web television and other content that can cost-effectively drive traffic to his or her company's website or place of business.
- It's now possible for small businesses and non-profits to produce quality content for a web television channel, right on their on their own website.
- It's now possible for different kinds of stakeholders to have a web television channel that "speaks" specifically to stakeholder's needs. Just visualize for a moment just some of the possibilities and how much good this kind of community-authored television would do:
- Personal Development Channel - We could all use this to address our issues and help us become the people we need to be to make a difference in the world. This channel could make the world's very best local, regional, national, and international subject matter experts, life coaches, authors and personal trainers make themselves available to you to help you feel better, lose weigh, kick a bad habit, transition to the next phase. A youth-centric television channel could spin off from this, communicating and articulating a youthful voice... with a whole lot of guidance and mentoring and community support... of course...in a new from of "social television"
- Health & Wellness Channel - This is a powerful new opportunity for those of the right mindset not afraid to do front-running work of quality. It can drive purchase of services as well as products. If people learn how to take better care of themselves, billions of dollars can be saved...as well as made.
- Employment Channel - Everything you need that addresses your employment and/or possible career change needs in fresh new ways. If done right you could find a job, or even create your own using the kinds of resources this channel could provide. There's a lot of information out, but the challenge and opportunity is providing and accessing it in a hyperlocalized way.
- Small Business Development Channel - Everything you as a small business entrepreneur need to help you move your business forward... delivered by the world's very best local, regional, national, and international consultants. Remote consulting and webinars could be part of the offering... "Green" business development could also be a part of this.
- The Non-Profit Channel - This would be a channel that delivers everything that non-profit people and organizations need to turn that next corner, the people and the resources for capacity building, board development, fund-raising in a 21st century world using technology and social media, donor development, social venturing.. the work's.
- The Mom's Channel - Everything having to do with being a mom, produced by moms themselves and hooking you up with great people and resources.. even online seminars and information about successfully running a business from home.
- Baby Boomers Channel - Wow is this needed. Baby Boomers have a special set of gifts...and challenges that such a channel could address. A great channel with new directions could really help baby boomers and their families with special issues and needs that Baby Boomers and their families have from employment and re-thinking "retirement" to coping with aging parents.
- The Edu-Tainment Channel - The Internet is powerful. With an intelligent approach, people of all ages would be able to learn anything they need to, and even take accredited courses and earn special certificates. Intensive learning is also possible through special virtualized 3-day workshops and retreats, where even remote attendees can afford to attend..online. The content would not only be educational, but also entertaining...with reality tv shows that do both.
- And many, many more - The mind boggles just thinking about all the awesome possibilities for community-authored television...taken way beyond "old think" public access television and produced in a quality way.
Talk to me... NOW... and stop waiting for the economic climate to get better. We're the ones who can make that happen. Let's communicate - 206-920-8067